Thursday, November 25, 2010

To Do List Cont. Quinn's Felt House

When I was designing these houses I kind of wanted an overall theme for both of them. For Anna's I wanted imagination to be the key. I wanted her to be lost in her own world of play. For Quinn, I wanted a little bit more educational.
The front Door:
(This dog is as close as Quinn will ever come to a Dog in our house!)
Side 2:
the Library
My favorite part of the whole house. All of these little Quiet books. Almost every piece of all of these houses were designs I found using my cricut cartridges. I love my cricut. I had envisioned the window as the librarian's desk. You know, to check out their books!


These 3 little books were the "education" I had in mind. Colors. Numbers/counting. Shapes.
The number book is velcro, snaps, and the rainbow is elastic.
These books are just for fun. Paper Dolls. One for Anna, one for Quinn.
Inside each book are 6 (two are on the back) outfits to dress up their "felt" doll. So colorful and all different. Everything is velcro.

Goldilocks and the 3 Little Pigs

my hope for these books are just to encourage imaginative play. Retelling and recreating the infamous stories they already know.


All of the little figures are finger puppets.

Side 3:
The apple tree. the apples are all magnetic and they fit perfectly in the little basket at the bottom of the wall. They can use this wall for counting or basic math skills (adding and subtraction).


Side 4
the Post Office
This wall is designed to work on sorting. Each little "mail box" is full of letters. They each have a little stamp in the corner with coordinating stamps. They could be sorted by stamp or by color of the envelope.

I made these little mail bags for each of the kids to deliver mail. Each of their "front door" walls have a little Velcro mail box.

And that is all! During this pregnancy I haven't been able to sleep that well...either due to insomnia or body aches and pains. So as a result most of the sewing I have shown you was done in the wee hours of the night. But oh so worth it!!

5 comments:

Forsythe said...

Holy Cow Claire, there is no way. You are so very talented. everything down to the quiet books. The dog is so cute. You sure have used that cricut girl! Way to go, I am so impressed!

Lyssa Beth said...

Ok STOP! you are making me look so bad! haa haa you are out of control with these projects. i am amazed at the detail! I dont konw how you did that all! seriously, I am speechless at how cute these are. you need to do some tutorials too. and with your cricut, did you cut straight onto the felt? And where did you get the felt? Geez, see what you are making me do? attempt to make these and there is no way it would ever compare to yourS!!

Emily said...

Uh, so what did I do the last 9 months? Sit around a whole lot :) Nothing like all your projects! I can't believe you did this whilst you were pregnant! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

Claire All I have to say in HOLY COW, you are amazing.

katie said...

id think i like you anymore...

you are too motherly cool for me!
ps.. i am dying at the perfectness