Thursday, November 25, 2010

To Do List

After the ultra sound, I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office and my mind began dreaming of all the cute projects I could do before baby comes. I began to make a list. A long list. Like the longest list I have ever made. I am proud to say that I have completed my "list" and now I am trying to keep myself busy with things like blogging! So here are some of my "projects".

The car seat sleeping bag.
I have no idea what these are really called. But a year ago someone gave this to me (only it was a nasty blue fleece). I thought it would work with a little re-do.

I am excited to try this out. At least I know she'll be warm in the middle of the winter!
The Car Seat.
The car seat needed a makeover. I should have taken a before picture. Trust me...it was bad! I looked all over online for a tutorial on how to do this. I couldn't find anything anywhere, unless I wanted to pay for it. Nope. I just kind of took the pieces apart one by one and used that as a pattern and then carefully pieced it back together. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Totally changed the whole look (obviously). But it was a lot cheaper and cuter than buying a new car seat. I would definitely encourage you to try this one.


The crib bedding:
I have made bumper pads for all of my kids now. They have all been different yet mostly the same. I loved these colors.
I made a little blanket to match.

more projects to come...

4 comments:

Sara said...

YOU ARE A SEWING GENIUS!! CAN'T WAIT FOR PICS OF HER!!! I LOVE THE CAR SEAT!!! I will be getting you to make one for me!!! LOVE IT CLAIRE!

Forsythe said...

You have to be burning the candle at both ends. They need a new word for you, nesting just does not cover it. I love the bead board, it look great, the carseat redo looks fantastic! You are amazing!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

WOW...I can't wait to have another baby to put you to work. he he

Jer + Lu said...

Dang girl! You are amazing with that sewing maching!! Love the car seat :)